Questions regarding column names in datagrid

Feb 22, 2013 at 11:02 PM
First off I want to say that this is a great webpart.

I have added "mobile" in the "ADuser property attributes for user list" and it successfully queries the mobile number field for AD users. However, the column name does not come over.

I have looked at browser.ascx and could not find where to modify that setting for the data grid. In DataGrid ID="dgUserList" I only see the option to true/false the autogenerate columns. Once I changed that to true, it does pull the correct column name but also adds additional unwanted columns.

Could you direct me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Dennis
Coordinator
Feb 23, 2013 at 10:29 AM
Thanks for your review.

When you add an attribute that is not present in the list by default, you must add it's localized name in resx file (see documentation). Localized attribute names are in the global resource file of current web app:
Path to resx file: \App_GlobalResources\UsersADBrowser.resx
For example - C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\wss\80\App_GlobalResources\UsersADBrowser.resx

Resource file is a simple XML-file and can be edited in a text editor like Notepad.

For English language you need to edit this file and add name for mobile number attribute.
Feb 26, 2013 at 9:01 PM
Thanks for the prompt reply. I was able to modify the column names in the UsersADBrowser.resx file using Visual Studio and it was very easy. The company directory looks great and everyone loves it. Thank you for sharing with us and for the great support and communication you offer.

Cheers!
-Dennis
Mar 19, 2014 at 7:22 PM
Hello,
We have a added an attribute into Active Directory titled : BLD, I have added it , but it's not showing in the list, any hint? tip?

thank you in advance for this efficient webpart
Mar 20, 2014 at 6:16 PM
Sorry,
after resynchronizing the user profiles I can see the content for those attributes for all users, but I need to show the column name from above.. any hint?? thanks
Apr 24, 2014 at 9:19 AM
JKarhani wrote:
Sorry,
after resynchronizing the user profiles I can see the content for those attributes for all users, but I need to show the column name from above.. any hint?? thanks
Any hint??