Parameter of UsersADBrowser in Sharepoint Foundation 2010

Jan 23, 2013 at 1:15 PM

Hello,

can you help me set UsersADBrowser in Sharepoint Foundation 2010 please ?

The parameter "<label for="ctl00_MSOTlPn_EditorZone_Edit1g_4ca4c3bb_752a_49b8_9eec_a037aa2a81c2_ctl03_LDAPProperties_EDITOR" title="AD user property attributes for user list (delimiter ",")">AD user property attributes for user list (delimiter ",")</label>" allows you to add additional information about users. By it against me part no column name and default they are in English.

Is it possible :
- To add their names and change the names of existing ones?
- Format of the display?

How do I format my text for AD user attributes for user property list (delimiter ","). I can not tell him one OU ...

For example syntax &(objectCategory=Person)(objectClass=User)(sn=*)(!userAccountControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=2)(distinguishedName=ou=NomOU,dc=nomdomaine,dc=fr))

There is any documentation ?

Thank you for your help

cordially

Coordinator
Jan 23, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Hello,

> To add their names and change the names of existing ones?

Yes.

Localized attribute names are in the global resource file of current web app:

\App_GlobalResources\UsersADBrowser.resx and

\App_GlobalResources\UsersADBrowser.ru-ru.resx

When you add an attribute that is not present in the list by default, you must add it's localized name in resx file. Resource file is a simple XML-file and can be edited in a text editor like Notepad.

If you want to make localization in French, then you can to create a new file UsersADBrowser.fr-fr.resx in UTF-8 encoding or you can edit default UsersADBrowser.resx file (it is easier). If your SharePoint site is using the French localization, then webpart will be used UsersADBrowser.fr-fr.resx file (if it exists) or default UsersADBrowser.resx. This is standard for ASP.NET.

I don't understand your question about formatting. You can customize design by editing the template Browser.ascx and using css.

LDAP string syntax that you specified is invalid.

You must use WebPart parameter "LDAP Path start entry". For example: LDAP://OU=NomOU,DC=nomdomaine,DC=fr

Jan 24, 2013 at 9:28 AM
Edited Jan 24, 2013 at 9:29 AM

Hello,

Ok for "LDAP Path start entry" and "UsersADBrowser.fr-fr.resx" great ^^

For => I don't understand your question about formatting. You can customize design by editing the template Browser.ascx and using css. => it is for the size and the order of column, the tree in left and the in the right hand to adjust with small screen

thank you very much

Coordinator
Jan 24, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Path of main WebPart template:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\TEMPLATE\CONTROLTEMPLATES\UsersADBrowser\Browser.ascx

You can edit this file (it's html + javascript + asp.net server controls).

Order of the columns in the table is specified by parameter "AD user property attributes for user list".

Jan 24, 2013 at 1:05 PM
Edited Jan 24, 2013 at 2:23 PM

Its possible to hide "Show employees of all child organizational units" but not "Export to Excel" ?

Just hide, the function must be enabled !

thank you very much

Coordinator
Jan 24, 2013 at 1:16 PM

Yes.

add the attribute Visible="false" in ASP.NET-control <asp:CheckBox ID="chSubTree" /> (in file Browser.ascx)

Jan 24, 2013 at 1:44 PM

it's always here !!!

it's correct ? =>
<asp:CheckBox ID="chSubTree" Visible="false" AutoPostBack="true" Checked="true" onclick="_spFormOnSubmitCalled = false;" meta:resourcekey="chSubTree" runat="server" />

How do I configure SharePoint or Active Directory for changes in the directory is visible now in UsersADBrowser ?

Why in ASP.NET-control ? It's possible with Notepad ?

Coordinator
Jan 24, 2013 at 5:05 PM

Yes. it's correct. You can edit Browser.ascx in Notepad. It's text file. The file encoding - UTF-8.

> How do I configure SharePoint or Active Directory for changes in the directory is visible now in UsersADBrowser ?

Set correct for your purpose values of parameters "Caching time of organizational units" and "Caching time of user list".

For testing purposes, you can set these values in 0 (in this case the data is not cached and web part will always query the Active Directory).

Jan 25, 2013 at 7:21 AM

Hello Yurax,

Ok for caching time. Also I see documentation ;-) => http://usersadbrowser.codeplex.com/documentation

I must set value in "Web Part parameters" and Parameters of UserInfoControl ?

I don't see the attribut Telephone IP what's the correct syntax for AD ? example => http://technet.microsoft.com/fr-fr/library/gg232586.aspx

I continue to see parameter "Show employees of all child organizational units". I add the attribute Visible="false" with NotePad in <asp:CheckBox ID="chSubTree" /> (in file Browser.ascx) The are any thing to do in more / a laps of time to wait / a buffer to empty ?

thank you very much

Coordinator
Jan 25, 2013 at 7:57 AM

Hello,

For your question about checkbox "Show employees of all child OUs":

Add around control <asp:Checkbox /> html-code:
<asp: Checkbox ... /></ span>

> I must set value in "Web Part parameters" and Parameters of UserInfoControl ?

Yes.

> I don't see the attribut Telephone IP what's the correct syntax for AD ?

Hmm, I don't know about this attribute.  Maybe this option is correct for you:

http://www.selfadsi.org/ads-attributes/user-ipPhone.htm

Coordinator
Jan 25, 2013 at 7:59 AM

You must use this html-code for hiding checkbox:

<span style="visibility:hidden;display:none"><asp:Checkbox ... /></style>
Jan 25, 2013 at 8:15 AM
Edited Jan 25, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Excellent everythnig works !!!!

an other question ^^ I would change the css for the links / the tree in the left column => parameters is in Browser.ascx ?

for this parameters :

a:link : couleur du lien
a:visited : couleur du lien visité
a:hover : changement de la couleur ou du style sur le lien au passage de la souris
text-decoration : décoration du lien
underline : ligne en dessous du lien
underline overline : ligne en dessous et au dessus du lien

thank you very much for your help

Coordinator
Jan 25, 2013 at 6:45 PM
Edited Jan 25, 2013 at 7:07 PM

In file Browser.ascx you need to set the css-styles in the standard ASP.NET TreeView control <asp:TreeView />

See documentation about TreeView in MSDN:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.ui.webcontrols.treeview(v=vs.90).aspx

See section "Customizing the User Interface"

For example:

<asp:TreeView ID="tvOU" ShowLines="true" runat="server">
        <DataBindings>
            <asp:TreeNodeBinding TextField="title" DataMember="item" />
        </DataBindings>
        <SelectedNodeStyle Font-Bold="true" CssClass="YOUR_CSS_CLASS" />
        <NodeStyle CssClass="YOUR_CSS_CLASS" />
    </asp:TreeView>