propery attributes : titles and customization

Jan 16, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Hi,

where can i specify titles of AD users propery attributes i added to the view?

For example i added EmployeeID attribute, i can see info but without Title.

Another question:

I want add "Notes" property attribute for multi lines information.

I can add it in ADUC , for example 3 lines, in WEbpart i can see this info but 3 lines transformed in 1 single line.

How and where can i customize this?

Thank you very much,

Sabina

Coordinator
Jan 18, 2012 at 7:38 AM

Hi,

1. When you add an attribute that is not present in the list by default, you must add it's localized name in resx file. Resource file is a simple XML-file and can be edited in a text editor like Notepad. You must edit file \App_GlobalResources\UsersADBrowser.resx (this folder and file located in the folder of your web application, for example C:\inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\80)

2. In the next version I will add support for multi-line fields and line breaks. The release is scheduled for late this or early next week.

Jan 18, 2012 at 8:12 AM

Thank you.

Coordinator
Jan 20, 2012 at 5:40 PM

In version 1.4 added support of multi-string AD-attributes.

Jan 23, 2012 at 11:01 AM

Great! You are the best!

Can you please check caching of user list in this version. Yesterday I added user to ad group and until now i can't see them in wp.

Coordinator
Jan 23, 2012 at 12:36 PM

The caching feature in new version has not changed. Please check - new user appear in the list after you make recycle Application Pool of web application in IIS or not?

Are you sure that the values of AD-attributes of new user to match with the LDAP filter?

Jan 25, 2012 at 6:09 AM

Hi,

I tried today and now it works.

Thanks again.  It's a great webpart.

Jun 12, 2012 at 7:46 AM

Hi !

I tried this :1. When you add an attribute that is not present in the list by default, you must add it's localized name in resx file. Resource file is a simple XML-file and can be edited in a text editor like Notepad. You must edit file \App_GlobalResources\UsersADBrowser.resx (this folder and file located in the folder of your web application, for example C:\inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\80)

But after i added the new entry i can't access any sharepoint site anymore ?

Even iis reset didnt help :(

I deleted the entry again and did an iisreset and the sharepoint site works again :(

Any hints ?

There needs to be standing Mobile above the mobile phone number row :(

Coordinator
Jun 12, 2012 at 11:11 AM

Hi,

1. Try not to edit the file UsersADBrowser.resx and add a new attribute in the settings of the Web Part.
Note - adding value in resx file only needs to display the column header in the user list
2. The reason for the error, may be an invalid XML-format of resx-file after editing. The file must fully comply with XML-rules (special characters must be encoded and etc)
3. If possible, please provide the part of code of resx-file, which you edited.